The summertime is almost here! It’s time to get ready to brave the sun, sand, and ocean waves and make sure your feet are protected. The Gentle Foot Care Clinic has offices in both Brandon Florida and Zephyrhills Florida, and Dr. Rajnish Manohar is there to help you have a safe summer.
- It gets extremely hot in Florida, so be sure to stay hydrated by drinking lots of water throughout the day. This will certainly not just assist with total health, however will likewise lessen any foot swelling caused by the heat.
- Try not to walk barefoot as it exposes feet to sunburn, in addition to plantar warts, athlete’s foot, ringworm, and other infections as well as increases risk of injury to your feet.
- Put on shoes or sandals around the swimming pool, to the beach, in public locker areas as well as on the carpeting or in the restroom of your hotel space to prevent injuries and restrict the possibility of contracting any bacterial infections.
- Circulation in your feet is essential, so keep blood flowing with routine ankle bends, toe wiggles, and calf stretches.
- Some activities at the beach, lake or river might require various types of shoes to be used so make sure to ask the contact at each activity if particular shoes are needed. To be safe, always load an additional pair of sneakers or protective water shoes. If your shoes will be getting wet, they must be dried out totally before your next putting on to prevent bacteria or fungus from growing.
- The UV indexes often get to 10 or 11 in Florida, so keep in mind to use sunscreen all over your feet, especially the tops and fronts of ankles, and do not forget to reapply after you’ve been in the water.
- If you hurt your foot or ankle while on vacation, look for professional medical attention from a podiatric physician. Dr. Manohar would love to be there to treat you, but if you’re far from home, seek our medical attention wherever you are.
Your Podiatry Travel-kit
In case of minor foot issues, be prepared with the following on-the-go foot gear:
- Toe nail clippers to keep toenails trimmed.
- Pumice stone to soften callused skin.
- Emery board to smooth rough edges or damaged nails.
- Sandals for the swimming pool, day spa, hotel room, and airport security check points.
- Sterile bandages for covering small cuts and scrapes.
- Antibiotic cream to deal with any skin injury.
- Aloe vera or Silvadene cream to alleviate sunburns.
- Emollient-enriched cream to keep your feet hydrated.
- Blister pads or moleskin to protect against blisters.
- Over the counter medication like Motrin or Advil (anti-inflammatory) to alleviate tired, inflamed feet.
- Sunscreen to secure against the scorching Florida sun.
If you are planning to have some fun this summer and would like more information on how you can protect your feet, please contact Dr. Rajnish Manohar at his Brandon office (813) 502-5904 or in Zephyrhills (813) 782-3233. Alternately, you can submit a request by clicking the button below to schedule an appointment.
[button style=”btn-default btn-lg btn-block” icon=”fa fa-clock-o” align=”left” iconcolor=”#dd9933″ type=”link” target=”false” title=”Schedule an Appointment” link=”https://www.gentlefootdoctor.com/schedule-appointment/”]
Dr. Manohar has been in private practice as a Podiatrist in Zephyrhills since 2001, treating Foot and Ankle Pain including Diabetic Foot Pain and Neuropathy, as well as, providing routine Diabetic Foot Care.
Dr. Manohar is board certified by the American Board of medical specialties in Podiatric Medicine. He is a member of the American Academy of Podiatric Sports Medicine. Dr. Manohar resides in Temple Terrace, Florida.
Dr. Manohar specializes in treating foot and ankle pain, Plantar Fasciitis and Heel spurs, Neuromas, Peripheral Neuropathy, Ingrown toenails, Non healing wounds, corns, calluses, Warts, Cysts, Toenail fungus.